The Nevada State PIRC works in partnership with the University of Nevada, Reno – College of Education – Curriculum, Teaching and Learning, to support teachers entering the field with information on practical strategies for family engagement, understanding the national research on parent involvement and opportunities to examine their own perceptions of families.
Download the Modules used to Support Pre-Service Teachers at UNR:
- Building a Strong Foundation with Students’ Parents
- Communicating – Connecting: Can you hear me now?
- Epstein’s 6 Types of Parent Involvement: Parenting, Communicating, Volunteering, Learning at Home, Decision making, and Collaborating with Community
- Family-Friendly Schools
- NCLB – “Talking Points” About Parent Involvement in Schools
- Parent/Teacher Conference
- Using Technology to Harness the Power of Parent Involvement – Edline
- Working With Families in Transition (Homeless)
- Working With Parents From Diverse Cultures: Parent-Teacher Conference
- Working With Parents/Families